2016 was a really hard year for me and my family, it was a year with lots of bad things happening that may seem like we are cursed or something, but a year with some joy too.
- For starters… I lost my scholarship. I did not lost it because of bad grades, I simply lost it because the government thinks I’m rich. My dad is unemployed, my mom owns a small drugstore. For the first 2 years, my mom owning her shop, wasn’t a big deal, because she doesn’t earn much, but in 2015 the law changed that, to all owners, 20% of the sales volume, it’s added to her salary. I’m talking about 20% of sales volume, not 20% of the shop’s profit. And no, my mom does not take that share of sales, because she doesn’t have that much profit. She has a great sales volume because she sells gas, which is expensive, but not that lucrative. So, that’s why I lost my scholarship.
- My dad’s unemployment fund ended. Luckily it ended right after I finished college, else we would be in debt.
- We haven’t paid rent for a few months now. Luckily, we pay rent to my grandparents who are nice and understanding. They’re always there to help us with anything, we’re just having a bad year.
- I’ve been trying for 4 months now to find a job. I know I told you I’ve already find one, but, the company tricked me for 3 months. No job for me. Each leaves me heartbroken for not being able to help my mom and dad with the bills.
Apart from all this good stuff happened too:
- Portugal won the euro cup
- I quit smoking
- I finished college
- My brother got married
- I spent a week of vacations in Gerês with my awesome boyfriend
I’m a woman with faith, and I know good days will come, I hope 2017 make it all these curses go away. I never give up on my dreams, I’ll never let my family down, and I’m lucky for having a boyfriend that helps go through all this with a smile.
My New Year’s Resolutions are:
- find a job
- pay my parent’s debt to my grandparents
- read more than 34 books
- build my own app
- see my blog growing
- sell my tshirts
- play guitar
- go to the gym every week
- learn German
- get my kitchen remodeled
Thank you all for coming to my blog, I hope you all have a great year.