Fate has been traced With a charcoal pencil It can well be erased and changed And it's not written in the hands Fate does not hide Behind any door You need to search And deserve Following this road It's you who decides your way If sometimes at a crossroad You find out you're never alone. It is a choice that you make And you can never go back In the painting that you are going to paint You quickly realize it It's you who draws the draft You choose the colors you want Fate does not hide Behind any door You need to search And deserve Following this road It's you who decides your way If sometimes at a crossroad You find out you're never alone. It is a choice that you make And you can never go back O teu caminho - Polo Norte
Goodreads Romance Week
- Addicted – Zane
- Always been Mine – Elizabeth Reyes
- And Playing the role if herself – K.E. LANE
- Angels’ Blood – Nalini Singh
- Archer’s Voice – Mia Sheridan
- Backstage Pass – Olivia Cunning
- Bared to You – Sylvia Day
- Beautiful Bastard
- Beautiful Disaster – Jamie McGuire
- Beauty from Pain – Georgia Cates
- Beyond the Highland Mist – Karen Marie Moning
- Born in Fire – Nora Roberts
- The Bride – Julie Garwood
- The Bronze Horseman – Paullina Simons
- Bully – Penelope Douglas
- Captive in the Dark – C. J. Roberts
- The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden – Jessica Sorensen
- Collide – Gail McHugh
- Cut & Run – Madeleine Urban, Abigail Roux
- Dark Lover – J. R.Ward
- Dark Prince – Christine Feeman
- The Darkest Hour -Maya Banks
- The Darkest Night – Cena Showalter
- Delaney’s Desert Sheikh – Brenda Jackson
- Dmitry’s Closet – Latrivia S. Nelson
- Down to You – M. Leighton
- Dragon Bound – Thea Harrison
- The Duke and I – Julia Quinn
- Edenbrooke – Julianne Donaldson
- The Edge of Never – J. A. Redmerski
- Fallen Too Far – Abbi Glines
- Falling into You-Jasinda Wilder
- Fantasy Lover – Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Flat-Out Love – Jessica Park
- Gabriel’s Inferno – Sylvain Reynard
- Gone with the Wind – Margaret Mitchell
- Hot Head – Damon Sued
- I Can’t Think Straight – Shamim Sarif
- In Flight – R. K. Lilley
- Into the Wilderness – Sara Donati
- It Had To Be You – Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- Jacob – Jacquelyn Frank
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brönte
- Katherine – Anya Seton, Philippa Gregory
- A Kingdom of Dreams – Judith McNaught
- A Kiss of Shadows – Laurell K. Hamilton
- A Knight in Shining Armor – Jude Deveraus
- Lethal -Sandra Brown
- Lick – Kylie Scott
- Love Comes Softly – Janette Oke
- Love Unscripted – Tina Reber
- Maybe Someday – Colleen Hoover
- Me Before You – Jojo Moyes
- Memoirs of a Geisha -Arthur Golden
- Mighty Storm – Samantha Towle
- Mine Till Midnight – Lisa Kleypas
- Mr. Perfect – Linda Howard
- My Favorite Mistake – Chelsea M. Cameron
- Mystery Man – Kristen Ashley
- Naked – Raine Miller
- Naked in Death – J.S. Robb
- Nine Rules to Break when romancing a Rake -Sarah MacLean
- North and South – Elizabeth Gaskell
- Norwegian Wood – Haruki Murakami
- The Notebook – Nicholas Sparks
- On Doublin Street – Samantha Young
- On the Island – Tracey Garvis Graves
- Once Burned – Jeaniene Frost
- Outlander – Diana Gabaldon
- The Perfect Game – J. Sterling
- Playing for Keeps – R. L. Mathewson
- Pleasure Unbound – Larissa Jone
- Pride and Prejusice – Jane Austen
- Promises – Marie Sexton
- The Proposition – Katie Ashley
- Real – Katy Evans
- Redeeming Love – Francine Rivers
- Realease Me – J. Kenner
- The Rosie Project – Grame Simsion
- Rule – Jay Crownover
- Seduction & Snacks – Tara Sivec
- Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen
- Slammed – Colleen Hoover
- Slaveto Sensation – Natini Singh
- Sugar Daddy – Lisa Kleypas
- Tangled – Emma Chase
- The Tea Rose – Jennifer Donnelly
- Ten Tiny Breaths – K. A. Tucker
- This Man – Jodi Ellen Malpas
- The Thorn Birds – Colleen McCullough >>>>>>>>(my recommendation)
- Thoughtless – S.C. Stephens
- Twisted Perfection – Abbi Glines
- Undeniable – Madeline Sheehan
- Vision in White – Nora Roberts
- Wait for You – Jennifer L. Armentrout
- A Walk to Remember – Nicholas Sparks
- Wallbanger – Alice Clayton
- The Warlord Wants Forever – Kresley Cole
- Whatever You Like – Maureen Smith
- The Winter Sea – Susanna Kersley
Recently I finished reading the Daughter of Smoke and Bone’s trilogy. You can tell by my 2016 Reading Challenge that I loved them, but I haven’t really talked about them.
WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
For those who don’t know, Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a romance about a girl living on the human world who discovers her past and sees herself in a war between angels and chimeras. Karou, her name, is in fact a chimera herself, with an all human body and she’s in love with an angel. Both dream with a world of peace, as their races extinguish each other.
I had never read a book from Laini Taylor, these were my first and I can tell she’s an amazing writer. She, not only, made a cliche romance that appeal to every young adult and teenager, but she put herself all in those books. We could feel every word she wrote, we can feel empathy with Karou and LIVE Karou’s life as our own. I cried tears of joy every time Karou and Akiva met with each other and showed their love, it also broke my heart every time they ignored their feeling for the sake of duty. I felt so sad for finishing all the books so fast, because now I don’t know how the story went. Laini Taylor left a gap in the story to, maybe someday, write another book.
I also read the #2.5 book from the trilogy, Night of Cake and Puppets. It’s just some script from Zuzana (Karou’s best friend) and Mik’s diary (Zuzana’s boyfriend) where they tell the story how they met and how did they started dating. The book is small but it fill us with happiness and love seeing a young shy couple playing hide and seek with some magic involved.
Karou has inspired me to do some artwork that I’ve already started but I’m still having more ideas. I’ll be showing these drawings later on another post about my redbubble account where you can buy my t-shirts.
Laini Taylor is launching a new book series this year, and I can’t wait to read them.
My name is Daniella, and I…. kick and bite
My playlist from 2016
Alone – Alan Walker
Happy Violence – Dada Life
Like a Stone – Audioslave
Filthy Pride – Social Repose
Hymn For The Weekend – Coldplay
Perfect Illusion – Lady Gaga
Sucker for Pain – Lil Wayne
My Pet Coelacanth – Deadmau5
The Greatest – Sia
The Signal – BertycoX
Temporary Scar – House South Brothers
Spectre – Alan Walker
Sing me to sleep – Alan Walker
Wake Me Up – Avicii
You Got This – Fedde Le Grand
Booyah – Showtek
The Tempest – Pendulum
Blood Sugar – Pendulum
The Other Side – Pendulum
In for the kill – La Roux
Fade – Alan Walker
Faded – Alan Walker
Clash – Alesso
Runaway (U & I) – Galantis
My favorite albums to listen on 2016 were:
Human – Three Days Grace
Piñata – Karetus
Bubblebath – That Poppy
OMG, Deadmau5 were have you been? I missed you so.
This month was released the 8th album of Deadmau5 called ‘W:/2016Album/’ . A great name, may I say. We all know he has some creative name ideas for his songs and albums that don’t leave anyone indifferent.
What to expect from this album? Well, by the title, we can tell this album it’s all about the digital world and computers. I’ve listened to all the songs, I liked 80% of them, they get into your head in a few seconds, the beats are very strong and nice, this is the great come back of Deadmau5 definitly. In my opinion he has never been so good since 2012 on his >album title goes here< album.
Track listing and my rating on the songs
No. Title Rating Length
1. "4ware" ***** 8:39
2. "2448" **** 6:24
3. "Cat Thruster" *** 5:36
4. "Deus Ex Machina" *** 6:31
5. "Glish" *** 2:10
6. "Imaginary Friends" *** 7:46
7. "Let Go" (featuring Grabbitz) ***** 6:20
8. "No Problem" ***** 6:59
9. "Snowcone" ** 5:15
10. "Three Pound Chicken Wing" ***** 6:22
11."Whelk Then" * 5:39
Digital bonus track
12."Let Go" (extended edit) (featuring Grabbitz) 11:31
I think “Snowcone” was a bad song to choose as first single, It’s a song without any electronic power into it, I think it doesn’t show all the potential that is on this album. “Snowcone” has a hip-hop beat into it, and it would work just fine if Deadmau5 was into hip-hop, but for his fans, isn’t a type of song expected. The second single ‘Let Go’ had a more impact because of the vocals. Although being the only track with it, it doesn’t depreciate the beat created. What I’m saying is that a person won’t go listen to that particular song because of the vocals, but, despite of. The vocals it’s just the cherry on top.
If you haven’t heard the album, he’s free to listen on Spotify, you can always search for it on youtube too. You can follow Deadmau5’s tour dates and news on his website http://live.deadmau5.com/
I’m Daniella, and I kick and bite
Hello Santa Claus
This is the first time I write to you.
I’m from Lisbon and friends calls me AC
Sorry for the brashness, but I have some requests.
I hope they won’t stay on some shelf forgotten
Since I’ve never asked you for anything
I ask for everything and the conversation is finished.
Maybe you’ll find them extravagant
I wanted you to put judgment on these rulers
Take away their weapons and the warlike will
Else we’re gonna ask you for a new Earth
To the needy homeless homeless man, give him a decent life.
And give him work instead of one more hot soup
And to the poor, and the unemployed
Get him a job where he does not feel exploited
And to the soldier, send him back to his wife
Believe me, that’s what he wants
Go see Africa from close up, do’nt look at the newspapers
Give food to the children, build schools and hospitals
Cure diseases and distribute vaccines
Give little cars to the boys little dolls to the girls
And give them peace and joy
To the elderly alone at home, arrange good company
I know you only offer to well-behaved boys
But some misbehave and you give them closed condominiums
Private jets, imported high-end cars
High salaries, you forget sins to the guilty
Sorry for the little enthusiasm, do not get me wrong
I do not understand how this became a commercial holiday
It seems like it’s an excuse for a year of backsight
And the only thing that matters is if the gifts are all bought
And when Christmas is over, will you leave?
Some people say that you do not exist, who invented you was Coca-Cola
Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.
If you are Santa Claus, it’s because you are someone’s father.
For me Christmas is anytime, just want
I like to give and do not need excuses to offer
And to finish, without wanting to abuse
Give us Peace and Love, no need to wrap
Much Happiness, health above all else
If you can, give us good grades with little study.
Sorry for the inconvenience and continue with your gifts
Merry Christmas to you, and by the way, lower the rents
Today I wanna share my experience on following my “The 17 Day Diet” by Dr. Mike.
If you don’t know what “The 17 day diet” by Dr. Mike Moreno is, you’ll now be surprised. I came across with his book last year when I was google for some free ebooks and I downloaded it just for research, one day it could be helpful. I was never fan of doing diet because I am very restraining when it comes to food, I only eat a few things, and usually, not the healthy ones. So, for me, doing diet it’s to be always hungry, but, when I read Dr. Mike’s 17 days diet book I had to try it, because it NOT made me eat things I don’t like. The rules were simple… 17 days without any sugar or carbs, instead, I could eat meat, fruits, yogurts, and vegetables. Also tea, green tea to be precise. In less than 4 weeks I lost 4Kg. I went from 70Kg to 65,5 at some point and then it went stable to 66kg when I stopped the diet. Let me get into more detail.
This diet it’s not for only 17 days… Actually has 3 cycles of 17 days each and then a maintenance diet. The first 17 days are to accelerate the weight loss by cutting all the sugar and carbs. So I stopped eating bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, no sugar on my coffee nor tea. I ate 2 pieces of fruit a day and 2 yogurts. In those first 17 days I only ate meat and soup (without potato on it) for lunch and dinner. It might be hard on the first days to beat the hunger but you have to keep in mind that this is a detoxification process, our body is gonna crave for sugar, and after we deny it for a few days, the hunger for it will go away, you will more energy.
The 2nd cycle of 17 days it allows you to alternate days with carbs and no carbs. On day 1 you can eat a type of light carb for breakfast and another for lunch, but none for the rest of the day, and the next one. This cycle will keep your body from retaining fat because you now lost a significant amount of weight in a few days.
The 3rd cycle allows you to eat carbs everyday in the same manners as the 2nd cycle. And the last one is the maintenance which teaches you how to keep your body in health without you have to go back to diet. I’m not gonna get into more details about this because everything is explained on the book.
Another thing that is asked in the book is to exercise everyday, at least 17 minutes 2 times a day but low afford (at least for the 1st cycle). A walk around town is a great exercise to do.
To keep track of my ingested calories I used the website http://www.fatsecret.com/ . You can insert what you eat in a day and it calculates the amount of calories. You can also see the nutrition info about the products, search some recipes and get in contact with the fatsecret community for support. This also comes with a free app for smartphones.
My average calories ingested per day were 800, this DOES NOT MEAN you have to ONLY ingest 800 calories. A person should ingest 1500 calories per day to lose weight, 2000 calories to maintain and 2500 calories to gain.
The reason I stopped my diet is that I got scared, my body made a prank on me. For those 800 calories a day, and my fast weight loss, my body didn’t ovulate in that week and therefore my period didn’t come, which made me worried.
I really recommend you to download it and read it and then figure out by yourself what this diet can make for you.
This is not sponsor, I just wanna help other people who, like me, wanna lose weight and don’t know how to because don’t want to eat things they don’t like.
My name is Daniella and I kick and bite.
Hi there, today I’m gonna show you my list of books I’ve read through the year 2016 and my rating on them. If you’re interested on a deep opinion about the books, please comment bellow. Also I’ll leave my Goodreads profile, feel free to add me.
My challenge this year was to read 24 books, I actually read (till today) 33 books and still counting.
Yesterday I saw the Enemy movie from 2013. If you haven’t seen it, please be aware this post contains major spoilers. For those who have already seen it, you know how fucked up that movie is.
For starters, I would like to say I rate that movie a 1/10 because for a short movie (1:30h) it is really slow and boring. I understand it has a huge amount of details, and people need to be focus and need time to see all the scenario around the main character. Still, I did not enjoy it, even after I searched all the explanation.
This movie is based on a Portuguese novel called The Double from José Saramago. The author was born in 1922 and till 1974, his country lived in a dictatorship which may have influenced some of his book themes. The story from ‘The Double’ is exactly the same from ‘Enemy’ except for one thing: there are no spider! So, where did the spiders come from? Let me explain everything about the movie in point.
- Adam and Anthony are the same person, they are split personalities of the same man.
- If you paid attention to what Adam is lecturing at the beginning of the movie, he is teaching about the ways that totalitarian states keep the people down, and how it happens in circles. So the main point of the movie is how to live and learn without repeating the same mistakes.
- In this point you have to think about the movie as if the ending part is the first part and again and again. You can realize this by his mom’s calls.
- So here’s the real story: Adam/Anthony is an actor, he likes girls, he can get with any girls he wants, he cant help it. He get this girl Helen pregnant and marries her but he is afraid of commitment (like he doesn’t committed to his acting career). So he cheats her with another woman (you can tell by the ‘are you seeing her again?’). This gets to a point where she can’t take it anymore and he leaves her to a new apartment and a new job (this is where Adam kicks in). He suppress his memories and doesn’t remember anything from his past life, not even his wife, but deep inside his sub-conscience he still has the same desires, and doesn’t commit, that when he stars seeing Anthony. It’s been 6 month and his wife found him, and when to see how delusional he was at his new job. A lot of stuff goes by…. till he has sex with Helen and she says ‘please stay‘, and Anthony dies in a car crash. He doesn’t really die, he just dies in his mind, so that Adam’s personally keep with her. But this all changes till he find the key, the key to the a sex club where Anthony first started in the movie, and the history repeats itself.
- So why spiders? Spiders represent woman, as they are in power on a relationship, they can eat a man alive. That’s why he has nightmare with them. But, in the sex club he went to, is for a certain type of fetish that is smashing bug with high heels, spiders included. If you’re asking, why at the end of the movie, the spider look afraid of him, it is because he is a spider’s smasher.
- At that moment, he remembered all he had done, all he was, his Anthony personality, but he now has a choice. At the first time he couldn’t help it, now he’s just getting excuses, till it’s a joke.
Well, that’s all I can remember about the movie, I’ve never read The Double novel but I will definitely check it out. If you have your interesting theories about this movie, let me know. I’m Daniela and I kick and bite.