Fate has been traced With a charcoal pencil It can well be erased and changed And it's not written in the hands Fate does not hide Behind any door You need to search And deserve Following this road It's you who decides your way If sometimes at a crossroad You find out you're never alone. It is a choice that you make And you can never go back In the painting that you are going to paint You quickly realize it It's you who draws the draft You choose the colors you want Fate does not hide Behind any door You need to search And deserve Following this road It's you who decides your way If sometimes at a crossroad You find out you're never alone. It is a choice that you make And you can never go back O teu caminho - Polo Norte
Goodreads Romance Week
- Addicted – Zane
- Always been Mine – Elizabeth Reyes
- And Playing the role if herself – K.E. LANE
- Angels’ Blood – Nalini Singh
- Archer’s Voice – Mia Sheridan
- Backstage Pass – Olivia Cunning
- Bared to You – Sylvia Day
- Beautiful Bastard
- Beautiful Disaster – Jamie McGuire
- Beauty from Pain – Georgia Cates
- Beyond the Highland Mist – Karen Marie Moning
- Born in Fire – Nora Roberts
- The Bride – Julie Garwood
- The Bronze Horseman – Paullina Simons
- Bully – Penelope Douglas
- Captive in the Dark – C. J. Roberts
- The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden – Jessica Sorensen
- Collide – Gail McHugh
- Cut & Run – Madeleine Urban, Abigail Roux
- Dark Lover – J. R.Ward
- Dark Prince – Christine Feeman
- The Darkest Hour -Maya Banks
- The Darkest Night – Cena Showalter
- Delaney’s Desert Sheikh – Brenda Jackson
- Dmitry’s Closet – Latrivia S. Nelson
- Down to You – M. Leighton
- Dragon Bound – Thea Harrison
- The Duke and I – Julia Quinn
- Edenbrooke – Julianne Donaldson
- The Edge of Never – J. A. Redmerski
- Fallen Too Far – Abbi Glines
- Falling into You-Jasinda Wilder
- Fantasy Lover – Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Flat-Out Love – Jessica Park
- Gabriel’s Inferno – Sylvain Reynard
- Gone with the Wind – Margaret Mitchell
- Hot Head – Damon Sued
- I Can’t Think Straight – Shamim Sarif
- In Flight – R. K. Lilley
- Into the Wilderness – Sara Donati
- It Had To Be You – Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- Jacob – Jacquelyn Frank
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brönte
- Katherine – Anya Seton, Philippa Gregory
- A Kingdom of Dreams – Judith McNaught
- A Kiss of Shadows – Laurell K. Hamilton
- A Knight in Shining Armor – Jude Deveraus
- Lethal -Sandra Brown
- Lick – Kylie Scott
- Love Comes Softly – Janette Oke
- Love Unscripted – Tina Reber
- Maybe Someday – Colleen Hoover
- Me Before You – Jojo Moyes
- Memoirs of a Geisha -Arthur Golden
- Mighty Storm – Samantha Towle
- Mine Till Midnight – Lisa Kleypas
- Mr. Perfect – Linda Howard
- My Favorite Mistake – Chelsea M. Cameron
- Mystery Man – Kristen Ashley
- Naked – Raine Miller
- Naked in Death – J.S. Robb
- Nine Rules to Break when romancing a Rake -Sarah MacLean
- North and South – Elizabeth Gaskell
- Norwegian Wood – Haruki Murakami
- The Notebook – Nicholas Sparks
- On Doublin Street – Samantha Young
- On the Island – Tracey Garvis Graves
- Once Burned – Jeaniene Frost
- Outlander – Diana Gabaldon
- The Perfect Game – J. Sterling
- Playing for Keeps – R. L. Mathewson
- Pleasure Unbound – Larissa Jone
- Pride and Prejusice – Jane Austen
- Promises – Marie Sexton
- The Proposition – Katie Ashley
- Real – Katy Evans
- Redeeming Love – Francine Rivers
- Realease Me – J. Kenner
- The Rosie Project – Grame Simsion
- Rule – Jay Crownover
- Seduction & Snacks – Tara Sivec
- Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen
- Slammed – Colleen Hoover
- Slaveto Sensation – Natini Singh
- Sugar Daddy – Lisa Kleypas
- Tangled – Emma Chase
- The Tea Rose – Jennifer Donnelly
- Ten Tiny Breaths – K. A. Tucker
- This Man – Jodi Ellen Malpas
- The Thorn Birds – Colleen McCullough >>>>>>>>(my recommendation)
- Thoughtless – S.C. Stephens
- Twisted Perfection – Abbi Glines
- Undeniable – Madeline Sheehan
- Vision in White – Nora Roberts
- Wait for You – Jennifer L. Armentrout
- A Walk to Remember – Nicholas Sparks
- Wallbanger – Alice Clayton
- The Warlord Wants Forever – Kresley Cole
- Whatever You Like – Maureen Smith
- The Winter Sea – Susanna Kersley
This is just my opinion based on ranked games I’ve been playing. Whenever I get this champs on my team, I lose. It’s not just the players, it’s the champs, they are weak compared to the others. I’ll make a post about the best champs for season 7 later this week, follow me so you won’t miss it.
Everybody knows, when it’s time to gift someone, how hard it is to pick someone to offer. Even if we know what’s the person’s style, interests, there are always other problems like: price being too high, or the person already having those stuff. In my case I find hard to gift someone who already has everything they need/want. So I came up with home ideas that will always work for everyone. It’s simple things that will show people that you care.
The easiest way to gift someone you LOVE, the ultimate thing he/she WANTS is if they have a Shoppicks or Amazon account.
If you don’t know what Shoppicks is, it’s a browser’s extension that allows you to drag images of what you want to buy from whatever online shop, into a collection. So, the person who uses it, can keep track of the price changes, their shopping list, their wishlist. The other nice thing about it, is that people can share their collections with whom they want. So, if your loved one has a shoppicks’ account, ask them to share them with you to have some ideas to gift.
The best place to buy everything online. If your loved one as a wishlist on Amazon, ask them if they could share it with you. You’ll always keep track on their wishes.
Even if the person don’t uses the app, you can gift them a premium card for it so he/she can try it. It will always come in handy. There are a few I can recommend:
- Spotify – for music lover
- Yousician – for people who are interested in learning how to play an instrument
- Swork – for people interested in exercising
If you already know what apps the person uses, gift them the premium version, even if it is only for one month.
You can gift any kind of make up you see in stores. Girls will never say no to a new lipstick, a new eye shadow, a new blush. Guys might thing it’s hard to pick a gift for girls, but it really isn’t. And if you see any ‘do-it-yourself’ type of make up kits, they’ll loved for sure.
For book lovers
Similar to Amazon and Shoppicks, if your book lover has a Goodreads account, he/she sure has a infinite to-read list and that works has a wishlist too. Pick some books from that list and gift them.
You can also buy them a journal. Book lovers also like to write their thoughts, gift them a journal to travel with them everywhere.
There are online shops where you can buy a personalized t-shirt, pillow, phone case or even a mug. Choose a theme that they love, and buy them something they can use.
That’s all my advice for today. My name is Daniella… and I kick and bite!
Last night something strange happened to me.
I got up, went into the bathroom, took a shower, and went back to the room wrapped in the towel, not fully aware of what I was doing.
I dropped the towel and looked at the mirror. Before actually concentrating on my reflection, dozens of images have passed through my mind, quickly.
Classmates, friends, family, movie actresses, photographic models, presenters and even strangers. I was able to see their bodies mentally. All thin. Beautiful. Happy.
Then I focused on myself, carefully observing every detail of my body. And I hated myself. I hated myself for not being like them.
Echoing in my head very distant voices:
– You’re ugly!
– You’re fat!
“No one will ever look at you.”
Then … I woke up with a start and it took me a few seconds to realize that it was only a dream.
And today I make the most important decision of my life: I will be who I am. To those who like me, great. To those who doesn’t like me, I’m sorry.
There are people who, through an emotional disturbance, see themselves as obese, even when they are dangerously thin. To learn more, talk to your parents, teachers or psychologist.
Magui,from Magui’s diary
Recently I finished reading the Daughter of Smoke and Bone’s trilogy. You can tell by my 2016 Reading Challenge that I loved them, but I haven’t really talked about them.
WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
For those who don’t know, Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a romance about a girl living on the human world who discovers her past and sees herself in a war between angels and chimeras. Karou, her name, is in fact a chimera herself, with an all human body and she’s in love with an angel. Both dream with a world of peace, as their races extinguish each other.
I had never read a book from Laini Taylor, these were my first and I can tell she’s an amazing writer. She, not only, made a cliche romance that appeal to every young adult and teenager, but she put herself all in those books. We could feel every word she wrote, we can feel empathy with Karou and LIVE Karou’s life as our own. I cried tears of joy every time Karou and Akiva met with each other and showed their love, it also broke my heart every time they ignored their feeling for the sake of duty. I felt so sad for finishing all the books so fast, because now I don’t know how the story went. Laini Taylor left a gap in the story to, maybe someday, write another book.
I also read the #2.5 book from the trilogy, Night of Cake and Puppets. It’s just some script from Zuzana (Karou’s best friend) and Mik’s diary (Zuzana’s boyfriend) where they tell the story how they met and how did they started dating. The book is small but it fill us with happiness and love seeing a young shy couple playing hide and seek with some magic involved.
Karou has inspired me to do some artwork that I’ve already started but I’m still having more ideas. I’ll be showing these drawings later on another post about my redbubble account where you can buy my t-shirts.
Laini Taylor is launching a new book series this year, and I can’t wait to read them.
My name is Daniella, and I…. kick and bite
To: Brave Young People
Subject: I need you
I need you to announce Me to the world. But don’t forget that the testimony speaks louder than words.
Give testimony of this New Life that I’m making germinate in you, and you will see that words will remain.
Your brothers will realize that you are especially happy, and you have a different way of being, living and being with everyone.
So if they ask you what your secret is … tell them about Me.
I know that you will not be ashamed of Me. Because I know the place I have in your life: you can’t live without me. Well, I need you, too. I need Apostles who, in My name, announce the sense of wholeness that life gains, when hearts open to My re-creating presence.
I need disciples who, in My name, bear witness to the joy of Faith, Hope and Love.
I need you…
A strong hug from this Brother:
“The world is nothing more than a small village where globalization, today ,is not an accident in our lives. It is the change of our own circumstances of life. It’s the way we live now.”
AMI funds constitution of the Portugal-Ceylon Foundation in Sri Lanka
Exactly one year after the tsunami, on December 26, Fernando Nobre left for Sri Lanka with two main objectives: to inaugurate the new dormitory of the Orphanage D. Bosco and to formalize the constitution of the Portugal-Ceylon Foundation (“Portugal Ceylon Foundation”).
In Maggona, in the Southwest of the country, where AMI has had a medical team for D. Bosco’s orphanage urgently needed a new dormitory. The 160 children there have received a Christmas gift that might help them to overcome the tragedy that they had lived: new facilities, with dignified conditions, where each one will have its bed and its space, a “luxury” that they hadn’t, until now.
It is recalled that during 2005 and shortly after the tragedy of 26 December 2004, the foundation invested more than 800 thousand euros, of the 2.5 million entrusted to AMI by the Portuguese, to support victims of the tsunami in Sri Lanka and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in Indian territory.
The UN and the peace maintenance
The United Nations Department of Peacekeeping Operations manages several missions in places as far away as East Timor, Haiti or Western Sahara.
Peacekeeping is a way to help conflict-torn countries create necessary conditions for sustainable peace. The United Nations blue helmets – soldiers and armed forces officers, civilian police officers and civilian personnel from many countries -and observe peace processes initiated in post-conflict situations, assisting former combatants to implement the peace agreements they signed.
The activities of UN peace operations, as they are undertaken on behalf of a 191 Member States, give them a legitimacy and universality. UN peacekeeping operations can open doors that otherwise they would remain closed to peace-building and peace-building efforts, efforts to ensure lasting peace.